We welcome individuals to become part of this active ministry of the Word. A catechist is a teacher of religious education, a person who facilitates the process of faith formation. This is done first by echoing the word of God in his or her own life, and second by helping others to do so. You will become part of our faith community here at Nativity; dedicated in sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ in formal and informal settings. Through your work with adults, families, adolescents and children, you are passing on a living faith.
All elementary team catechists are required to attend one formal training workshop in the fall. Please contact the office of Faith Formation directly at 701-232-2414 to speak with Kathy Bourdon and learn more about the elementary programs offered at Nativity and how you might get involved. The Fall Catechist Workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:30-8:30 PM at Nativity Church.
Nativity Church is committed to providing a safe environment for all members of our faith community, especially the young. In accordance with the Diocese of Fargo, all parish volunteers must be compliant with all diocesan and parish guidelines before they may participate in parish ministry. Benefits to the position of elementary team catechist include:
- Find a friend and volunteer to teach together
- Pick the class level you wish to team teach
- Junior and Senior High youth make awesome team teachers
- Husbands and wives together make a great team
- Grandparents have a special impact on small children
- Give back to your parish and grow as an adult Catholic
- Live out your baptismal call to serve God and others
- It is fun!