“Two by Two” – Your Help is Needed!
Find a friend and come back to team teach together in an elementary Faith Formation class this year. Classes are held on Wednesday nights from 6:30-7:30 pm. All classes have team teachers who share the duties and split the teaching sessions. No one is ever left alone. Free childcare is also available if you choose. Scholarships are available to catechists for tuition reduction.
Benefits to the position of team catechist (teacher):
- You pick the class level you wish to team teach
- Junior or Senior High youth make awesome team teachers
- Husband and wives together make great team catechists
- Grandparents have a special impact on the faith of small children
- Give back to your parish and grow as an adult Catholic
- Share your faith stories with children
- Live out your baptismal call to serve God and others!
Call or e-mail Kathy today. email@example.com, 232-2414
The new Finding God: Our Response to God’s Gifts is a faith formation program that fosters a lifelong relationship with God by engaging children (Grades 1-5) in the full and authentic teachings of the Catholic Church.
With Finding God, children’s faith comes alive through:
- Dramatized Scripture stories that bring Bible stories to life
- Exploring Faith Through Art, which engages children with their senses
- Opportunities for prayer that are repeated, relevant, and that encourage children into a lifelong habit of praying
- Online games and activities that help children reinforce and review concepts of faith their way.
Now is the time to register your children for Faith Formation sessions and sacrament preparation sessions. Contact the parish office at 232-2414 or stop by and register. Registration forms are also available online at www.nativitycatholicchurch.net Look under Faith Formation Registration.
Children and youth of the parish meet on Wednesday evenings from September through April. Elementary and junior high sessions are from 6:30-7:30 pm. Senior High sessions are from 7:45 -9:00 pm.
Research has shown three main reasons children grow in their faith. Andrew Greeley, author and professor of Sociology at the University of Chicago and the University of Arizona and a Research Associate at the National Opinion Research Center, sites the following reasons in order:
- Love in their lives
- Involvement of their fathers’ in religious up- bringing
- Involvement of their mothers’ in religious up- bringing
In sharing your faith with your child you are shaping their purpose for living.
- Volunteers are needed on Wednesdays during Faith Formation sessions 6:30-7:30 pm. Call Kathy at 232-2414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each grade level must have a full team of four-six adult helpers in order for classes to begin on time.
- No individual calls will be made to your home, since this is a ministry we all share.