Nativity Church of Fargo is committed to providing a safe environment for children and young people; an environment free from abuse. In addition to completion of a criminal background check and the review of the Diocese of Fargo Affiliates’ Code of Conduct, all employees and volunteers who have unsupervised contact with a young person on a regular basis will be instructed on Safe Environment issues with the Circle of Care training DVD.
– Nativity Church of Fargo Human Resources Manual
An additional check is made of a volunteer’s driving record if the person will transport youth to any location. (If this additional check is necessary, Nativity Church of Fargo will inform the volunteer prior to making this record check.)
We rarely check financial records of volunteers. For this reason, on the Background Check Authorization Form that you can can download below, the lines referring to such a check have been crossed out on the form. We ask you to initial those crossed off lines to further indicate you do not authorize Nativity Church of Fargo to check your financial history.
To help volunteers complete the Safe Environment process, we provide the following:
- Step 1: Download Background Check Authorization Form (new window / pdf)
- Step 2: Download the Code of Conduct Document (new window / pdf)
- Step 3: Download the Acknowledgment of Receipt for the Code of Conduct (new window /pdf)
- Step 4: Download the Acknowledgment of Circle of Care Video (pdf / new window)
- Step 5: Download the Circle of Care DVD Outline
- Step 6: Read the Code of Conduct Document
- Step 7: Watch the Diocese of Fargo’s Circle of Care Video (Below).
- Step 8: Complete the Authorization for Background Check and the acknowledgment forms for the Code of Conduct and the Circle of Care Video and return them to the parish for processing along with the Circle of Care DVD